Rules of engagement in Gwent are explained below.
- To begin a match, the game selects the starting player with a coin toss.
- Each player receives 10 random Gwent cards pulled from their decks. Players can discard two cards and redraw in the hope of receiving two superior cards. This is done once.
- Players place a Unit Card on the Gwent board in the dedicated combat row. Each player may play one card per turn unless a special ability enables them to do otherwise. Players may also utilize Weather Cards from the Neutral Deck.
- Each unit Card has Strength points that are added for each player's total. A player will win a round of Gwent when the player has more points than the other and both players no longer have cards to play or the both players pass their turn
- Matches are set with 2 wins out of 3 rounds.
- Friendly Match Rules go here
- Ranked Matches Rules go here
- Story Campaign Rules go here
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!