Gwent is a free to play game developed by CD Projekt Red and based on the events on the game The Witcher. Following critical success of The Witcher 3, the developer received innumerable requests from fans asking for the Gwent mini-game to be further developed into its own stand alone title.
Players will be able to play the game for free, and purchase cards using in-game currency that can be bought with real money or earned via in-game rewards as a result of winning matches.
Play your cards right and manage a three-row battle formation as you unleash your hand over a best-of-three series of rounds. With heroes, spells and special abilities that dramatically turn the tide of battle, deception and clever tricks will be necessary parts of your arsenal.
Become a master cardsmith and battle friends from around the world!
- Pick your side -- command 5 different factions: the mighty Nilfgaardian Empire, proud Skellige, brutal Monsters, cunning Northern Realms or shadowy Scoia'tael.
- Build your deck -- collect new cards and deploy armies full of versatile units, unique heroes and rule-flipping cards that summon fog to blind your opponent's archers or call down dragon fire to destroy their strongest units.
- Craft new cards -- break down unwanted cards and craft new ones to build an ever-evolving deck.
BLUFF YOUR WAY TO VICTORY - Rules & Tricks
If you can't overpower your enemy, make sure you know how to outsmart them!
- Force their hand -- with limited cards per game, lure your opponent into draining their resources!
- Lose the battle, win the war -- win the entire game by learning how to cleverly lose a round.
- Hold the line -- play your cards across 3 rows, infantry, ranged and siege, and build a formation to counter your opponent's strategy.
BRING YOUR ARMY TO THE TABLE - Game Modes
Play for fun with friends or enter tournaments in search of fame and glory!
- Friendly Matches -- test your deck, try out new strategies, or just show off your collection of rare, animated cards.
- Ranked Matches -- rise through player-driven divisions and advance to the Pro League.
- Story Campaign -- lead mighty armies during prominent events straight from The Witcher